Effects of Corona Virus On On-Demand Delivery Business
Do you want pizza delivered to your doorstep?
Or maybe some groceries?
Or maybe Medicines?
Or maybe a bottle of wine?
The On-demand Delivery Business platform makes it painless!
According to the Harvard Business Report, nearly 22.4 million people across the globe enjoy the comfort that ’On-Demand Delivery Business’ offers. From food delivery to Grocery to Medicines to mobility services to home care services and many more, the dedicated on-demand delivery business makes our lives more convenient. A new pair of jeans or a set of chairs can arrive within a day or two. Groceries can come within hours. There is no such thing as delayed gratification anymore. The on-demand delivery business connects people who need assistance with day-to-day needs.
We saw an augmenting on-demand delivery business, but, with the epidemic novel Coronavirus (origin Wuhan, China, December 2019), the questions one must ask are:
- Will the economy witness the same contribution from the on-demand business amid Coronavirus?
- Are people still willing to come in contact with an on-demand serving platform from unknown sources, only to save time and effort?
- Is it safe to put the fear of COVID- 19 behind the hegemony of the on-demand delivery business?
With 157,844 people infected and 5846 dead, is there still a chance that COVID-19 will prove to be a fire drill than an actual fire?
Current Industry Scenario You Need To Know
The CDC has declared to minimize human contact to control the vulnerability of COVID 19. In a typical situation, the on-demand services involve interaction with hundreds of people in the course of their jobs. Does this imply that people should put an end to their offerings?
The despair of the COVID 19 outbreak has curbed communities to avail of the services, leading to a slowdown in the on-demand delivery business.
What Impact Is The Industry Dealing With?
Food Deliveries: Coronavirus is suspected to have traces in the animal market. Given a glance at products, milk and meat are commonly consumed well. With the recent findings, the dairy and meat industry is knocked down. People are scrupulous to place orders. As per the Economic Times, the investigation caused less demand for food products and delivery requests, which led to a 50% drop in prices.
House cleaning, Groceries, Salon, Others: Distrustful personal hygiene of service providers (delivery agents) and the extent of disinfectant used on the products delivered/used in a cautious situation like this has restrained people to place orders and refrain contact. This further led to a panic bulk purchase of canned food and bottled water.
Tips To Sustain This Commanding Situation
Food Delivery: The welfare of employees is paramount.
– Food outlets should attach quality testified labels of products, dairy and meat categorically.
– Body temperature certificates of the chef should be affixed, augmenting faith in consumers. It’s imperative as fever is a primary symptom of COVID- 19.
– Involved personnel must wear gloves and masks every-time.
– Delivery agents must sanitize (alcohol-based) their hands before picking the order and after delivering the order.
House cleaning, Groceries, Salon, Others:
– Disinfect frequently touched items, for instance, phones, items to be delivered, tools used for salon services, etc.
– Give consumers the “Leave At Door” option to restrict physical contact.
– Mask and gloves are primary precautions. They should be washed and replaced persistently.
– Service providers and delivery agents should use tissues while coughing or sneezing and meticulously dispose of the tissues.
“What should each of us do, beyond staying informed and washing our hands frequently? Keep calm and rational. It might be worth stocking some reserve of critical medications. “
Educating people on how they can safeguard themselves will impactfully control fear and the decline in the on-demand delivery business.
Novel coronavirus spreads, delivery, and ride-hail services could either emerge as vectors of the disease — or as hope for isolated people. Matter of discussion is, can the on-demand delivery business become immune to the coronavirus?
Fatafat is taking a Great initiative to Fight Against the Coronavirus. Stay Healthy Stay Safe and keep Everybody Safe by Following the Above Measures. Let’s Fight Together!
Fatafat is with you!